Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murdered out?

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330I

Murdered out?

Before i dive into customizing my whip i was wondering if everybody is tired of seeing all black everything on cars?

My Cars
    05 330cic,330i, HD FLTRI
    I never really cared for that look on BMWs myself. Looks better on rice, for that stealth ninja look, in my opinion. Kind of like wearing a black suit/shirt/tie combo, not for everyone.

My Cars
    135i
    It seems like anyone who mods their car does the black on black color scheme. It's too played out in my opinion but to each his own.
    E82 N54

My Cars
    2001 BMW 325i sedan
    I was thinking of doing an all-black design, as well. But after seeing some pictures, you realize that the car loses all definition. You can't really see the design and flow of the lines.

Now I'm working on a chrome on black, look. It'll still look bad-ass, but still allow you see the car.

I just wish the car had the chrome window trim, instead of the black rubber.

-Fred

My Cars
    1999 323i, 1984 325e
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    I was thinking of doing an all-black design, as well. But after seeing some pictures, you realize that the car loses all definition. You can't really see the design and flow of the lines.

Now I'm working on a chrome on black, look. It'll still look bad-ass, but still allow you see the car.

I just wish the car had the chrome window trim, instead of the black rubber.

-Fred
    Re: your three points

• An all black theme CAN be too much...however...the look I am going for (work in progress and I hope to have pics soon) is a slight variation on the murdered out look. I am going for a tone on tone look. Black, carbon (fiber), gunmetal, etc... Think of the monochromatic suit look.
    • If you want chrome on black, by all means, clear corners and tails. Not my preference but I see where your going...and thats the way to go
    • I too have the black trim and it works for the look im going for.

Good luck whatever you decide

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Murder it out!

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    2000 323Ci RIP, e34 525i
    Never liked the murdered out look personally. I keep seeing it on nissan altimas and old honda civics and it just looks like crap IMO. If you do it right on an e46 it can look clean and mean but I think a few subtle mods like smoked clears all around, black trim, and some nice wheels will do wonders without having to blacken everything out.

My Cars
    E46M
    Some BMWs make the murder look really sweet.

Sometimes it looks dull and like a big 3 dimensional rectangle.

I say look at what you can get....if I had a black BMW E46 that I wanted to mod:
    -It has to be a 4-door
    -Smoked LED tails/corners/sidemarkers
    -Lower
    -Black CSL Reps with a red timeattack (love this...was incredibly close to buying it for my car until I realized that it wouldn't match with anything else, but I loved the look).
    -35% tint all around
    -Shadowline trim
    -Matteblack grille

And then there are some more fun exterior mods that I don't feel like going into...(i.e CSL bumper etc.).

I say go for it. Murder that beach.

My Cars
    1999 323i, 1984 325e
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetblack2000Ci View Post
    Never liked the murdered out look personally. I keep seeing it on nissan altimas and old honda civics and it just looks like crap IMO. If you do it right on an e46 it can look clean and mean but I think a few subtle mods like smoked clears all around, black trim, and some nice wheels will do wonders without having to blacken everything out.

another way to put what I was saying. Although I think you meant smoked corners (not clears). Mean & Clean is the look Im going for.

I wouldn't totally black out the tails. I went with lightly smoked. That's enough to get my point across without resorting to an all out, in your face black theme that almost always includes black rims (waaaay too much). IMHO

My Cars
    2002 E46 TiAG 330i ZSP
    Please dont murder it out. I feel like solid black cars are not as unique as others. Id just pop some BBS's on there with a 6 inch lip, drop her with coil overs and stance her.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330I
    Yeah everybody i know suggest to murder it, its already black with black leather interior chrome around the windows wonderin should i make that chrome POP or integrate a slight hint of red n it? My mind doesnt rest when it comes to such things. Ill write out a list of my idears later tho

2KB i just peeped those rims WOW How much they going for? Lol
    Last edited by GundamMaverick; 01-20-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    06 325ci
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamMaverick View Post
    everybody i know suggest to murder it
    That's because deep down they want your car to suck.

My Cars
    1999 323i, 1984 325e
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamMaverick View Post
    Yeah everybody i know suggest to murder it, its already black with black leather interior chrome around the windows wonderin should i make that chrome POP or integrate a slight hint of red n it? My mind doesnt rest when it comes to such things. Ill write out a list of my idears later tho

2KB i just peeped those rims WOW How much they going for? Lol
    Interesting. I dont have a black interior. I have the sand interior. Makes what Im going for a bit easier.

If you have a black interior and want POP, I say go for it. It will still fit a monochromatic look. Can I interest you in some silver carbon fiber interior trim?

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    You car....being murdered out.......could be.....what brings back....."murdered out". Re-define it for us. Make it your own.

Not specifically saying this to anyone...but many of the same people, who say...."don't murder it out"...are the same people who will recommend CSL reps.....

They say...don't murder it out....cuz they want your car to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    That's because deep down they want your car to suck.
    Last edited by danewilson77; 01-20-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330I
    Let me see

My Cars
    2002 E46 TiAG 330i ZSP
    Quote Originally Posted by TJQMaster View Post
    Interesting. I dont have a black interior. I have the sand interior. Makes what Im going for a bit easier.

If you have a black interior and want POP, I say go for it. It will still fit a monochromatic look. Can I interest you in some silver carbon fiber interior trim?
    How much for the trim?

My Cars
    1999 323i, 1984 325e
    $250 plus shipping....See my sets here

Carbon Fiber Wrapped Dash Piece Set (8pcs)

pic from actual customer here at bf.c

My Cars
    2574356, '04 325iT
    keep it classy & stock

My Cars
    E46M
    Those CSL Replicas with red time attack:

They are $650 for all 4 brand new at this website:
    http://umnitza.com/umnitza-replica-w...ck-p-5656.html

They look like sex if you have the right theme.

My Cars
    2004 325i
    +1 for a fellow P-towner

My Cars
    2002 330i BSM
    Alright, another one of these. So here we go:
    What "murdered out" (I hate calling it that.) should have:
    Contrast!...Sorta. Just because everything is black does not mean it can't have some contrast. If you have a black car, you should already know - polished paint is everything. With that polished paint, you should have a deep, warm, lush surface - nicely complimented by: Matte black grills/trim - Do not go gloss black or body colored here, it's super tacky and like others have mentioned, makes your car look like a rolling blob. As TJQ was saying, just because it's "murdered out" doesn't mean you can't have some greys in there.
    Stance - "Murdered out" cars with this huge amount of wheel gap, or incorrect offset look stupid. Offset is everything. Murdered cars should look menacing - sitting like you're about to tip over in the corners is not menacing.
    Polished - I said it once, and I'll keep saying it until every owner of a black vehicle listens. Driving a black car is like walking around with your shirt off - don't spend time on it, and people can tell. Nothing breaks necks like a recently polished and sealed black car. People argue that murdered cars have no definition, and you can't see the body lines. I whole heartedly disagree. I would even go to say that black defines body lines better than any color when polished.
    What they should not have:
    5% Tint. It looks stupid, you can't see at night, don't do it. Looks super ghetto. Stick with no lower than 25%.
    Deep tinted tails. This is my opinion, but I think many will agree with me that it looks ghetto. As I mentioned above - keyword is polished. Matte here is a no no - if you tint your tails, do not make them suuuper dark, and do not leave them with that matte look - polish them. Failure to do so makes your entire vehicle look unfinished.
    Gloss black wheels. This should require no explenation. They look dumb 90% of the time. Stick matte, retain that little bit of contrast.

Wheels were waxed up for the show, that is why they look glossy. In reality, they are matte black.

Tastefully smoked...IMO.

Cunninlynguists. Because real hip hop.

My Cars
    2004 325i
    Not a fan of black rims normally but your car is tits..

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330I
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Lames325ci View Post
    +1 for a fellow P-towner
    Those r ill with a dope price-tag

Quote Originally Posted by 2kBMW3Series View Post
    Those CSL Replicas with red time attack:

They are $650 for all 4 brand new at this website:
    http://umnitza.com/umnitza-replica-w...ck-p-5656.html

They look like sex if you have the right theme.
    Last edited by GundamMaverick; 01-20-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E46M
    Word....

Umnitza is probably the cheapest place you'll find them too...the ones I have on my car, I paid $600ish for all 4 with shipping from that site. Love the wheels, love the quality and the fitment is incredibly awesome.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330I
    Cf wraps r real tempting

Quote Originally Posted by TJQMaster View Post
    $250 plus shipping....See my sets here

Carbon Fiber Wrapped Dash Piece Set (8pcs)

pic from actual customer here at bf.c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast