Thread: FS: HIOP e36 318/Z3 M42/M44 Twinscrew Liquid-Intercooled Supercharger Kit *Lowered $*

My Cars
    E30 E36 E46

FS: HIOP e36 318/Z3 M42/M44 Twinscrew Liquid-Intercooled Supercharger Kit *Lowered $*

*** SOLD SOLD SOLD ***
    *** SOLD SOLD SOLD ***

Relisting this due to many flakers, and my need for M3 modding money. Selling this because I want to concentrate all my funds to my AA S/C M3. Reverting my quick 318 back to a gas-saving, boost-less commuter car with no horsepower or torque. I find myself at full boost on my 318 way too often.

I'm selling my 318 HIOP twinscrew liquid-intercooled (aftercooled) supercharger system. This is a true and real twinscrew system. This system runs 0.6 Bar (8.5 PSI). Since this is a twinscrew, it builds a lot of power really fast down low. This system is rated at 220bph & 205lb/ft torque. Everything you need from HIOP is included. The actual twinscrew supercharger maxes out at 24psi in case you want to increase your boost a little, but the boost is regulated by a bypass valve, which is more like a wastegate. This twinscrew is more efficient than a turbo system, runs cooler, costs less, and installs and maintains much easier. The rest of your 318 can be completely stock, with the only component changed is the intake manifold. I still ran the stock airbox and stock exhaust manifold. Actually, aside from the HIOP supercharger system and a Sebring exhaust, the 318 made M3 power being otherwise entirely stock. You'll can probably wring more hp out of this with higher boost (which can be done with a boost controller tapping the bypass/wastegate), or with more mods like a K&N cone intake or other items.

This kit will fit OBD1 and OBD2 M42 and M44 engines. This means it will fit on the e36 318IS, 318Ti, 318i, and Z3 1.9. This kit was on my 1993 318IS. This will give you M3 performance on tap, but keeps the 318 gas mileage for cruising and commuting. I found that the urge to boost was too great, the only way to can trust myself to not boost is to take this out and sell it.

This S/C made the 318 an absolute blast to drive. The 318 is agile and nimble from the factory, now it is also powerful with the S/C. Reliability is 100%. It shares the engine oil which I change religiously with Mobil1 Synthetic every 3000k miles. This was on the car for about a year and has about 15k miles on it. Nothing is wrong with it. Nothing needs to be replaced. Ready for immediate installation. I drove this for 15k trouble free miles. The 318 feels like a brand new car after this upgrade. I highly recommend it. Any S/C 1.8/1.9 owner will testify as to how well the M42/M44 responds to FI.

I'll try to answer and help you out with any questions you have during installation. This is totally installable by yourself if you had some place to work on your car (not on the street).

The hiop Supercharger System integrates the supercharger, watercooled intercooler and inlet manifold as one assembly, which is easily bolted onto the cylinder head. This design provides a very short induction path from the Supercharger to the inlet ports, resulting in instant engine response, low induction noise and low pressure drop. Unlike many competitor systems which mount the intercooler above the engine, an area of very high heat accumulation, hiop intercoolers are positioned lower in the engine bay to ensure maximum cooling. The hiop Supercharger is mounted on the inlet side of the motor, away from rising heat from the exhaust manifold. These details together with a high volume watercooler and separate reservoir ensure efficient intercooling, even at very high ambient temperatures and at low speed city traffic conditions.

We also advise that this kit be fitted by a competent mechanic with a good understanding of BMW. The typical hiop Supercharger System can be installed, by any qualified motor mechanic, in approx. 8 manhours. All parts for successful installation of the hiop kit are included. The Supercharger kit for the E36 4 cyl has a water cooled intercooler and piggy back computer.

The kit includes:
    Positive displacement supercharger, water cooled intercooler and inlet manifold subassembly. Radiator, water pump, water container, interconnecting hoses, drive belt, microfueler, fifth injector, fuel pressure regulator.Installation procedures and all hardware.

Boost = 0.6 Bar (8.5 P.S.I.)
    A/F ratio is maintained electronically using a microfueler controlled fifth injector.
    The kit for the 318ti, 318is and Z3 1.9lt gives you 220 BHP and 278 Nm.
    You get everything that HIOP included in the box. This was mounted on my 1993 318IS Coupe and ran perfectly. Includes everything, even the original aux belt which is still in great condition. This was not too hard to install and remove. If you've done any type of work on your E36, you can definitely do this install. Or a mechanic can do it for you in about 8-12 billed hours. This is an extremely straightforward install. Just swap the stock intake manifold with the HIOP unit and viola.

This kit is $6050 new, probably NLA due to cost and low US demand. This is better than the DASC due to having an aftercooler and is all made in Germany. The DASC is also not a true twinscrew, but rather an autorotor unit which runs slightly hotter and less efficiently. Also with the HIOP twinscrew with the liquid aftercooler, you could more easily increase the boost without heat issues. It gives excellent reliability in any weather condition. Imagine nearly instantous boost. The build quality is also a little more contoured to fit the engine bay and is a little nicer IMO. The HIOP S/C system retains the factory location for the throttlebody and intake box, while also emulating the DISA runners that are essential to a M42/M44. These features are all NOT present for the DASC S/C kit. The DASC kit is great for the money you spend, but the HIOP is over twice as much and you get much more for your money. You can get my HIOP now in great shape for less than a DASC.

I want $2400 for this awesome kit. This includes EVERYTHING. The maintenance gasket was replaced April 2005 (I have receipt), no maintenance needs to be done at all on it. I know a DASC is a little bit more NEW, but you are getting a superior system that includes its own aftercooler system. Useage is only 15k miles, you will not be disappointed. Please contact me via email. I will include many extra's (like an extra throttlebody) and various tubing and other accessories that will make your life easier.

Serious inquiries only pls. I welcome local pickups and local inspection. I will be glad to ship this via UPS Ground to anywhere in the lower US. You will not be disappointed with this kit. Not interested in trades, just straight $$ please.

*** SOLD SOLD SOLD ***
    *** SOLD SOLD SOLD ***
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GQ_Style; 08-03-2005 at 12:53 PM. Reason: SOLD - Thanks Michael L.
    PM is full. Do not PM me. EMAIL me to communicate!!

*** SF Bay Area ***
    SRS Light Reset $15 (first 10 ppl, then free after that for everyone)

The only replacement for displacement is technology.

E46 03 325i
    E36 98 M3 Vert
    E36 95 M3
    E36 93 318IS
    E30 89 M3

My Cars
    BMW z3(1.9l)+t25@7.5psi, Triumph TT600
    Bump for a twin screw, I thought this had sold a long time ago. I would have definitely purchased this had you been lower on the price, this probably worked out cheaper than my turbo after install though.

My Cars
    Lotus Elise & e36 318is
    damn i want this soo bad

My Cars
    e30/36/46 325/M3/330
    You've got email.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfan824
    TC does not want ghey hookers you silly.

My Cars
    2006 330i
    DAMNIT...You make this decision SO DAMN HARD!
    Got a new bimmer. 2006 e90. 330i. More to come. First big boy car.

My Cars
    06 M roadster
    you gotta be a fool not to buy this