Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M3 vs ME, a savage tale of how I ended up in a ditch

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza

M3 vs ME, a savage tale of how I ended up in a ditch

this happened to me over the summer but ive never told the tale because of how embarissing it is, but i guess its time:

2 friends and I are driving my M3 to my parents house, wich is a long dirt road, we come up to a 90 deg left hand turn (no cars around) and one of my friends tells me that i should powerslide my car around the turn and snap my fingers like Clive Owen in the "Star" BMW Film

this is where the shit goes sour. Im feelin kind of cocky so i say wtf, why not, i shut the trac cont off and blast around the turn, my bald tires kicking up dirt and as im about 1/2 way through the turn i take my hands off and snap my fingers, the steering wheel rapidly turns so im heading straight towards a 10' cliff, i SLAM on my brakes and stop just in time for my front right tire to slip off the edge. 5 min later a guy in a truck pulls me out. No damage to the car and my boxers are nearly stained.

Moral of the story:
    yes i was being an idiot
    yes i was being irresponsable
    no the common sense part of my brain was NOT working
    no ill NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

and please dont pick on me too much. I just like to have fun every once in a while and i dont abuse my car.
    Last edited by HellBilly; 10-29-2004 at 12:32 AM.

My Cars
    03 SVTf
    <3

85 Maxim X - $800 takes it. Runs perfectly!

My Cars
    98 M3/4
    Quote Originally Posted by HellBilly
    this happened to me over the summer but ive never told the tale because of how embarissing it is, but i guess its time:

2 friends and I are driving my M3 to my parents house, wich is a long dirt road, we come up to a 90 deg left hand turn (no cars around) and one of my friends tells me that i should powerslide my car around the turn and snap my fingers like Clive Owen in the "Star" BMW Film

this is where the shit goes sour. Im feelin kind of cocky so i say wtf, why not, i shut the trac cont off and blast around the turn, my bald tires kicking up dirt and as im about 1/2 way through the turn i take my hands off and snap my fingers, the steering wheel rapidly turns so im heading straight towards a 10' cliff, i SLAM on my brakes and stop just in time for my front right tire to slip off the edge. 5 min later a guy in a truck pulls me out. No damage to the car and my boxers are nearly stained.

Moral of the story:
    yes i was being an idiot
    yes i was being irresponsable
    no the common sense part of my brain was NOT working
    no ill NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

and please dont pick on me too much. I just like to have fun every once in a while and i dont abuse my car.

Drive it like you stole it!

RIP...

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by /\/\ Power

Amen

My Cars
    1997 Alpine White M3
    We've all done stupid sh*t in our cars. If anyone's ever posted a thread on this section, they know.

As for letting go of the wheel while your car has no traction... lmao

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by 6i9
    We've all done stupid sh*t in our cars. If anyone's ever posted a thread on this section, they know.

As for letting go of the wheel while your car has no traction... lmao
    dont worry, i felt very....very speshul lol

My Cars
    Audi RS4. BMW S1000RR.
    LOL best kill story evar.

My Cars
    03'bmw 745Li, 00'bmw m5,yukon denali
    ive got one worse than that. a couple of weeks after i got my m5. i was at the smoothie king on scottsdale road in az. i was baccking out of the parking lot and see this girl acroos the street that looked just like this new girl i had met down there. i knew it wasnt her but was trying to get a closer look then BLAM!!!!!!! backed right into the freakin pillar. knocked bricks all off it. smoothie went everywhere and it was a large which is 42oz i think. got 3kin trunk damage had to drive home with shirt off and two older ladies in a drop top bmw was sweating me. normally that would be flattering a little but not after you just wrecked your car from no reason. maybe that story will make you feel better.

My Cars
    95 M3
    amen. it happens to the best of us.
    Dinan supercharged

My Cars
    The Bimma.
    I just got major work done on my Mk1 volkswagen and had my friend take it for a ride. I was sitting shot-gun, and another friend was in the back with a big gulp.

I told him to take that right turn and really "Push-it"
    Well... Being the domestic guy that he is, we ended up smacking into a wall and Dr.Pepper goes flying all over my head. lol.

Why did he loose control.
    1: Front wheel drive
    2: No power steering
    (What a pussie)

Thought I'd share too...

My Cars
    A pos
    Hahahah dude that is classic. Snap your finger like Clive Owen, I guess you forgot to watch the Making of the BWM films. :-P Thanks for sharing.

My Cars
    1995 m3, ninja 500r
    everyone makes a stupid decision every now and then, don't sweat it. You are fortunate that the car wasn't damaged.

My Cars
    97 M3, 02 stang GT, 93 burban, 01 sentra, 91 storm
    Quote Originally Posted by /\/\ Power

stealing's bad.

Drive it like you rented it.
    - Rob

1997 M3 Cosmos Luxury Coupe

Forged JE pistons(.040 overbore) - beamed rods - port/polish - ARP Head/Main/Rod studs - JC Cam kit(Schrick cams, m50 intake manifold, Euro HFM, 3.5'' JC intake, 24# injectors, Fan Delete, Shark injected) - UUC StageII flywheel w/M5 Clutch - UUC Red TME - Rogue Engineering Octane SSK w/WSR - RE Clutch Stop - Zimmerman Cross-drilled rotors - Depo Ellipsoids

On the way: UUC Twin Silencer exhaust, 3.38 LSD, 6 Speed

My Cars
    '07 M Z4 Roadster
    What did your friends say after you hit the ditch?

My Cars
    328CI
    :owned:

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by dazed^
    What did your friends say after you hit the ditch?
    lots of laughing, looooots of laughing

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by lovem5wantm6
    ive got one worse than that. a couple of weeks after i got my m5. i was at the smoothie king on scottsdale road in az. i was baccking out of the parking lot and see this girl acroos the street that looked just like this new girl i had met down there. i knew it wasnt her but was trying to get a closer look then BLAM!!!!!!! backed right into the freakin pillar. knocked bricks all off it. smoothie went everywhere and it was a large which is 42oz i think. got 3kin trunk damage had to drive home with shirt off and two older ladies in a drop top bmw was sweating me. normally that would be flattering a little but not after you just wrecked your car from no reason. maybe that story will make you feel better.
    lol dude that must of been so damn embaressing. Ahh i guess you just gotta be able to look back and laugh

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    And people say they aren't influenced by things they see on TV.

Funny story, though.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedLimitsSuck
    stealing's bad.

Drive it like you rented it.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by HellBilly
    lol dude that must of been so damn embaressing. Ahh i guess you just gotta be able to look back and laugh

whats even funnier is that there was people all in the smoothie king and walking on the street but no one seemed to notice. good for me because i might have had to pay for the damage to that pillar i ran into. it wasnt bad but still. i still went to smoothie king like everyday too. i just made sure i parked in the corner and backed in when i did

My Cars
    400hp 328
    i drive my car like i hate it
    silver328I, ARP studs, copper gasket,stock injectors!! adabted bbk F-reg current 66psi (rich and intermitten sticking open,over injector tolerance), bbk 255lph adapted inline f-pump,dual 2 1/2" track pipe, 02 simulators, alum.Plasma Direct coils, ngk single electrode plugs at .0045,acshnitvizzle manifold (m50 grenaded @t-body mate),fan delete, ASC delete ,CDV delete,UCC underdrive crank pulley, removed A/C components, weight reduced, 3.38LSD , 75c degree stat,18x8.5 ADR M-Sports,m3 mouldings, euro tails, clear sides/corners,cusom coilovers, broken subframe, "Lejune aluminum/alloy cam chain, 97'm3 cams", 8mm overbored throtle body, t-body coolant bypass, alum f-wheel, m5 clutch goodbye,reverted obd2 management, nitrous express no more!!! used vortec s-trim,2.50" pulley, 17psi @ 6900rpm, 94' sc t-bird intercooler (small but resiliant) self engineered 3" t6 mandrel bent intake routing, estimated 430hp octane/air density permiting, under $1400 completed!!

My Cars
    Nissan Titan, M5
    what a great story.
    BFC Nikonian #1

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by 98328I
    i drive my car like i hate it

word

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5, F30 328i
    Should've got the parking sensors...

Quote Originally Posted by lovem5wantm6
    I've spun out my car and ended up all 4 wheels up the side walk. This was right after school my junior year. The next day at school, everyone, including a couple teachers made fun of me.

LA chapter BMW CCA autocross CDI
    www.bmwclubla.org

My Cars
    Lol, my friends are always trying to talk me into doing the Clive Owen move from Star too.

and yes, yes I usually give in too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast