Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The shady mother in a Civic... blah

My Cars
    TiAg E46 Coupes
    Quote Originally Posted by il Paffuto Uno
    i hear talk of this B16 motor a lot...is it a motor you have to buy aftermarket...or does it come from another honda? it's not the stock civic motor is it?
    B16 = Stock civic Si motor USDM from 99-00... available in JDM versions too. Considering they are rock solid motors with MANY MANY mods, I can easily believe that the built B16 whooped the M3s ass. Remember guys, 160 base HP motor on a 2000 lb car with modification can take out a 3000 lb M3 with a tuned up 240hp 325 motor (S50/S52). Not trying to diss M3s, I love them, just that they aren't exactly the same beast that europe produced and never sent over to us. You chose what you drive with just as much reason as the Honda owner chose his car. Honda has qualities that BMW doesn't have and vice versa.

04 M3 - ACS Exhaust - Alpine+Infinity ICE

00 328Ci - Tint - GruppeM Intake - AA Gen3 Exhaust - ACS Roof Spoiler - M3 Lip Spoiler - Titan Front Grills - Clears

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Quote Originally Posted by HellBilly
    kiss my ass

when did i say that hondas are bad cars? Infact i like Hondas, they make good reliable cars, and im a huge S2k and NSX fan. All i said is that a Tin can that weighs nothing isnt hard to make fast. and im sick of everyone obsessing over Hondas and how cheap and easy it is to make them fast. Look at the Lotus Elise, weighs nothing and has a 190hp MR2 motor in it, and what does it run? high 12's? By all means its Fast, but it doesnt impress me, My M3 is quick, but its still not that impressive.

And ive yet to see a Honda with a nicer interior than a BMW (aside from an NSX)

I dont go around bashing non-BMW's. So scratch that claim asshat.
    Dude, you have an E36. The interior is nothing to be proud of.

It's funny how you are tired of people obsessing over Hondas, yet you continue to read the threads that involve Hondas. Dat be stupid, yO

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Dude, you have an E36. The interior is nothing to be proud of.

It's funny how you are tired of people obsessing over Hondas, yet you continue to read the threads that involve Hondas. Dat be stupid, yO
    maybe cause i like reading kill/death stories? and it hard to escape it when everyone likes to talk about how fast you can make a honda. And i know my interior isnt the greatest, im talking more along the lines of the newer 3/5/6/7 series.

i dont really care dude, you like hondas, good for you, you can buld a honda to be faster than my stock E36? congrats your my f-ing hero. You get the gold star today.

My Cars
    13 X5, 90 GTR, 18 Rubi
    maybe cause i like reading kill/death stories? and it hard to escape it when everyone likes to talk about how fast you can make a honda. And i know my interior isnt the greatest, im talking more along the lines of the newer 3/5/6/7 series.

i dont really care dude, you like hondas, good for you, you can buld a honda to be faster than my stock E36? congrats your my f-ing hero. You get the gold star today.
    What a douche. Why don't you just say nothing at all if you cant say something nice?

You could have left it with "Nice race", but you had to be captain b*tch and go off on honda's.

Personally I like every car (or at least dont bash any) because I am an automotive enthusiast. How about you pull your head out of you loose ass, and be a man about it.

My apologies to the original poster.
    2013 X5 X35i (wife)
    1990 Skyline GTR
    2018 Rubicon 6MT
    2018 718 Cayman S (company car)

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by accel junky
    What a douche. Why don't you just say nothing at all if you cant say something nice?

You could have left it with "Nice race", but you had to be captain b*tch and go off on honda's.

Personally I like every car (or at least dont bash any) because I am an automotive enthusiast. How about you pull your head out of you loose ass, and be a man about it.

My apologies to the original poster.
    dude, i did not bash hondas, you ignorant sh1t-for-brains.

read what i write. Dont be all bitchy cause i voice my opinion, and if you dont like that, go to hell, Hitler.

I say what i want and im not afraid too because some assclown like you is going to come out of left feild and say "whaa whaa whaa why do you bash hondas you ignorant BMW owner"

I dont care HOW GOD DAMNED fast you make a Civic Hatch, the thing weighs less than 2300lbs, making it go fast doesnt impress me in the least. Its not a marvel of engineering. Its Power to weight ratio. and i call them a Tin can cause thats what it is. Ive been in Civics, and hatches, and thats what they feel like to me, a god damned tin can (hey look an opinion, you know what that is?)

What would i rather have? My Stock M3 or a 2000 hp Civic Hatch? Guess a-hole.

and to the original poster: nice race, and i apologize that this turned into this.

My Cars
    The Bimma.
    My friend has a 93 civic with a new b16 in it.
    It's not really fast... It's faster then the stock engine, but it's still pretty
    slow. That guy must of been build real good to beat you.

My Cars
    97 BMW 540i, 03 BMW M3
    My friend has a 93 civic hatch with a jdm b16 in it with only a short ram intake n headers, no exhaust. he's running 14.5 in the quarter mile and i thought that was pretty good for his hatch. he takes out integra gsr's with fairly good mods to it. he's even taken out those mitsu evo ralli-art. so i respect those carefully built civics, but not those "ricers" with the big spoilers who think they can fly.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    man hellbilly expresses an opinion and you rip into him. i didn't see anything bad about hondas in his post. you guys need to relax, and once again the talk of honda civics beating an M3 in a straight line. it's all a matter of purpose if all bimmer owners cared about was straight line speed there'd be tons of aftermarket mods meant for striaght line speed. there's a lot more emphasis on handling than 1/4 times.

My Cars
    E36 M3 E-spec
    dude, i did not bash hondas, you ignorant sh1t-for-brains.

read what i write. Dont be all bitchy cause i voice my opinion, and if you dont like that, go to hell, Hitler.

I say what i want and im not afraid too because some assclown like you is going to come out of left feild and say "whaa whaa whaa why do you bash hondas you ignorant BMW owner"

I dont care HOW GOD DAMNED fast you make a Civic Hatch, the thing weighs less than 2300lbs, making it go fast doesnt impress me in the least. Its not a marvel of engineering. Its Power to weight ratio. and i call them a Tin can cause thats what it is. Ive been in Civics, and hatches, and thats what they feel like to me, a god damned tin can (hey look an opinion, you know what that is?)

What would i rather have? My Stock M3 or a 2000 hp Civic Hatch? Guess a-hole.

and to the original poster: nice race, and i apologize that this turned into this.
    [rant]
    Very considerate of you to apologize.. Nobody should like a *honda*.. M3 is the pinnacle of engineering and the only car in the goddamn multiverse that is made for the twisties when comparing to american muscle and made for acceleration when compared to hondas. If both of those fail then at least it is a BMW, a make so superior to anything else in prestige or style or something else you make up. And best of all, YOU own one of these miracles! (or your bank, parents or company..) Sheeeeesh.
    [/rant]

Ahh, that helped.

Nice death, sounds like he had some serious work on the engine but more likely just the 160hp+nos and less weight than your ride. That's why he wouldn't let you see the engine bay, you'd have seen the nozzles. I have a 160+hp 2500lb car (winterbeater now) and there is no way it could hang with the M without either SC, turbo or nos and since you didn't hear either of the mechanical helpers..

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    My question is : Why didn't he pop the hood?
    Unless their is something to hide, there is no reason why he should shy away from proving he is infact "all motor". If I was the owner of an N/A civic that just tore-up some M3, I would gladly pop my hood just to squash any accusations later.

I have seen some fast N/A civics that were gutted-out, but everyone of them will pop their hood to prove that it is all-motor. The only ones that don't are, like you said, "shady".

There is one guy in my local area who tears up cars with far better power/weight and he claims his civic hatch to be "all-motor". When asked to pop his hood he claims that he already popped it and "so&so" saw that there was nothing there. Something to hide is all I am gonna say. Many of us suspect this guy of running "gas" with his car.

Nitrous is the choice for shady individuals.
    Kiley- '05 MR

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth
    This one has run its course...

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12