Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M3 vs RX8

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i

E36 M3 vs RX8

Finally on Saturday we get a chance to get out of the house as my parents came over to stay with junior, so my wife and I drive out to SF for some sushi. I couldn't imagine that we would have hors douvers before arriving.

So we're going down Fell st and a silver RX8 pulls along side of us. The driver was a younger 20 something guy and he did a couple of short bursts to show his intensions. I look over at wifey and ask (yes I did) if it would be ok to demonstrate some M Power; she looks over at me and says "ok" and gives me the Pope type of blessing. Fell St has timed stop lights set to ~35. We catch each light and do a 1st and 2nd gear runs before going heavy on the brakes. We did 4 runs and each run I would pull hard on the RX8 (1-2 cars)both from the dig and from a roll and it was just no contest. There were two guys in the RX8 and just before we had to make our turn after the last run, we waved to the guys in the RX8 and they gave thumbs up. The guys were cool and the car looks great. I hope the driver was not too heart broken about the beating. His RX8 looked stock and I didn't have a chance to tell him that I was somewhat modded.
    - Roman

My Cars
    00 BMW M5, 06 IS350
    doesnt really matter that you were modded, the e36 m3 would still easily beat a stock rx8.

.:2000 BMW M5 - Black /// LED taillights, AFE Cold Air Intake w/ bumper ducts, CF Grill, MKIV Nav + Screen, SS Magnum Exhaust, Proj39 AE Xenon HeadLights

My Cars
    CarbonBlackE46M3, 97DSM, 02 Red/White R1
    Good Kill, I know nothing about the rx8 besides that it has a rotory in it. What are the sepcs on those cars anyway.

My Cars
    Model T
    Is there any car that doesnt beat a RX8.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerMan20
    Good Kill, I know nothing about the rx8 besides that it has a rotory in it. What are the sepcs on those cars anyway.
    Just found out on MotorTrend:

Base Engine Size: 1.3 liters Base Engine Type: Rotary
    Horsepower: 238 hp Max Horsepower: 8500 rpm
    Torque: 159 ft-lbs. Max Torque: 5500 rpm
    Drive Type: RWD

No weight info but none the less that explains the beating! I'm at 234rwhp/223rwtq
    - Roman

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless
    Is there any car that doesnt beat a RX8.
    Ummm, mind if I enjoy victory for a few moments without your smart a$$ comments?
    - Roman

My Cars
    1997 hooptie
    i think his comment was directed more towards the slow RX8s...but they're more of an autocross car anyways.

My Cars
    550i dads, 85' 528e
    nice kill, what mods do you have?
    Kevin

Just say no to slow Ayrton Senna "The Best"

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW#1Enthusiast
    nice kill, what mods do you have?
    power wise: Dinan CAI, UD pulleys, M50, SS exhaust, a few stickers
    - Roman

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    your making 234whp with that set up? O.o
    thats awesome

and nice kill! i wanna run an RX8

My Cars
    CarbonBlackE46M3, 97DSM, 02 Red/White R1
    Quote Originally Posted by BGM3

No weight info but none the less that explains the beating! I'm at 234rwhp/223rwtq
    Wow I thought it was more than that. Good Kill again

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by HellBilly
    your making 234whp with that set up? O.o
    thats awesome

and nice kill! i wanna run an RX8
    It's the stickers.

Good kill.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    Yah!

MaxVelocity stickers provide 5whp.... get yours now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak
    It's the stickers.

Good kill.
    - Roman

My Cars
    Model T
    Ummm, mind if I enjoy victory for a few moments without your smart a$$ comments?
    I am sorry , ok, let me go at it again

Dam, good kill!!!! those RX8 are monsters, buggers put out like 158 torque, dam, they pull like a freight train...

with a civic's engine

with the brakes pulled

stuck in park

pulling a huge cargo of fat chicks

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    thanks Flawless LOL

damn... 159tq...
    - Roman

My Cars
    04 ZHP 17 X3 M-Sport
    Nice RUN! Too bad about Mazda overeporting their HP figures for that car...

If I asked permission everytime I would be DENIED

So...I just speed up and look straight...show no emotion...The wifey asks "Were you speeding?" I always say...."No...I just love to hear the roar of my exhaust..." Works most of the time...

Oh and the SUSHI boat place in JapanTown is the best.
    "True peace is not merly the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Reposting something is not against the rules... somebody screaming that it's a "repost" is though.

My Cars
    2003 325i

Damn man you've really dynoed your car with those numbers, with just exhaust, intake, pulleys and M50 manifold. That's pretty impressive, nice M you got there. Nice kill by the way.
    2003 325i
    PERFORMANCE/SUSPENSION= Dinan stage 1 and 2 software, UUC underdrive pullies, X3-racing CAI
    EXTERIOR=5% Tint, hamann eyelids, Eurolite halogens, stickers,
    THE NEED FOR A MUCH FASTER CAR!!!!!! :

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_pilot
    Nice RUN! Too bad about Mazda overeporting their HP figures for that car...

If I asked permission everytime I would be DENIED

So...I just speed up and look straight...show no emotion...The wifey asks "Were you speeding?" I always say...."No...I just love to hear the roar of my exhaust..." Works most of the time...

Oh and the SUSHI boat place in JapanTown is the best.
    I usually get denied as well, but this time she was in a really good mood cause we got to get out of the house

We go to this place on the corner of 21st and Geary... it's pretty good and also has the little boats ...

dinan325i - last dyno was on a dynojet dyno... SAE corrected to 234.x/223.x ... Actually, I think that is about average for an OBDII e36 M3 with similar mods on a dynojet. I never upgraded my software so my AFR is on the rich side especially at WOT. I'm know there is power to be had with proper software.
    - Roman

My Cars
    328CI
    Finally on Saturday we get a chance to get out of the house as my parents came over to stay with junior, so my wife and I drive out to SF for some sushi. I couldn't imagine that we would have hors douvers before arriving.

So we're going down Fell st and a silver RX8 pulls along side of us. The driver was a younger 20 something guy and he did a couple of short bursts to show his intensions. I look over at wifey and ask (yes I did) if it would be ok to demonstrate some M Power; she looks over at me and says "ok" and gives me the Pope type of blessing. Fell St has timed stop lights set to ~35. We catch each light and do a 1st and 2nd gear runs before going heavy on the brakes. We did 4 runs and each run I would pull hard on the RX8 (1-2 cars)both from the dig and from a roll and it was just no contest. There were two guys in the RX8 and just before we had to make our turn after the last run, we waved to the guys in the RX8 and they gave thumbs up. The guys were cool and the car looks great. I hope the driver was not too heart broken about the beating. His RX8 looked stock and I didn't have a chance to tell him that I was somewhat modded.
    Can you try running one with your E46 328i? ?I have an E46 328 stick and I wonder how I'll do with one of those

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo
    Can you try running one with your E46 328i? ?I have an E46 328 stick and I wonder how I'll do with one of those
    ummmm, that's the wife's car. she'll zip tie my balz to my kidney grills if I race her car.
    - Roman

My Cars
    Black 1996 328is
    I test drove an auto RX8 4 or 5 months ago. It seemed to handle ok, but it had a serious lack of power. I'm really glad that I didn't buy it. Now that I have a Bimmer, I can't believe I even thought about buying an RX8. There's just no comparision in any aspect.

My Cars
    04 ZHP 17 X3 M-Sport
    ummmm, that's the wife's car. she'll zip tie my balz to my kidney grills if I race her car.
    "True peace is not merly the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Reposting something is not against the rules... somebody screaming that it's a "repost" is though.

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Driverk
    I test drove an auto RX8 4 or 5 months ago. It seemed to handle ok, but it had a serious lack of power. I'm really glad that I didn't buy it. Now that I have a Bimmer, I can't believe I even thought about buying an RX8. There's just no comparision in any aspect.
    Yeah I see you have a 328is, which is the fastest stock 328 series. That is definitely no slow bimmer at all. Alittle modding and that can be a fast car.
    2003 325i
    PERFORMANCE/SUSPENSION= Dinan stage 1 and 2 software, UUC underdrive pullies, X3-racing CAI
    EXTERIOR=5% Tint, hamann eyelids, Eurolite halogens, stickers,
    THE NEED FOR A MUCH FASTER CAR!!!!!! :

My Cars
    The Bimma.
    Nice kill,
    I rarely see those things around.

My Cars
    E39
    The Rx8 was a let down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast