Thread: Used 525i

My Cars
    1998 750IL

Used 525i

Hello all, I am looking to buy a used 525i with 244k on it. Is there anything out of the ordinary to look for? Thanks in advance, John

My Cars
    '00 Z3M, '06 Z4M
    Most important thing you should look for, in my opinion is rust. Check in wheel wells, under rocker panels, and under the plastice trim strips. The engine should be good (I got mine with 220k miles, and it runs very strong and does not consume oil), but be weary of the auto trannies, since that's the weak spot of any e34 (they're made by GM). The suspension is another spot to look at. Struts are probably bad, and you might need to replace the thrust arms (mine were replaced by the original owner).

My Cars
    1998 750IL
    Thanks for the advice, the car drives great, and the trans shifts fine. The only concern I have abut the car is that the ac does not work, and the check engine light is on. Does anyone know what the most common problems with the ac are, like evaporators leaking, or expansion valve problems. I'm buying the car for $3900, so I can afford to repair a few things as long as they are not major problems.

My Cars
    '89 325iC
    "so I can afford to repair a few things as long as they are not major problems."
    You might wanna look at a lower mileage example then.
    I just added a general buyer's guide to my site: http://www.bmw4life.com/buyingE34.htm
    If the coming soon page displays, clear your browser's cache, thanks

My Cars
    E92 M3 / E46 M3
    Buy mine

'94 525iM with 94k miles on the clock. You can have it for $5600

Here are the pictures

PM me for more info.

My Cars
    E28 ///M5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDbimmer
    Buy mine

'94 525iM with 94k miles on the clock. You can have it for $5600

Here are the pictures

PM me for more info.

Can't see your pics fr some reason. I get a "Invalid Page" error.

My Cars
    E28 ///M5
    Quote Originally Posted by jmindler
    Hello all, I am looking to buy a used 525i with 244k on it. Is there anything out of the ordinary to look for? Thanks in advance, John
    What year is the car and is it an automatic? Are there any service records? Is it a private sale?

My Cars
    none

I'm also thinking about buying a used 525i

I'm looking at purchasing a used 1995 525i but have no prior experience with Bimmers. I want to do as little work as possible when I purchase so can someone tell me some of the things that I should be looking for - price, mileage, etc? I live in New Jersey; anyone with any used Bimmer experience in that market?

Thanks!

My Cars
    E28 ///M5
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbimmer
    I'm looking at purchasing a used 1995 525i but have no prior experience with Bimmers. I want to do as little work as possible when I purchase so can someone tell me some of the things that I should be looking for - price, mileage, etc? I live in New Jersey; anyone with any used Bimmer experience in that market?

Thanks!
    What's your budget? Let's start there.

My Cars
    Too Many
    autotrader.com