Thread: E60 M5 Software

My Cars
    SC'd BMW's

E60 M5 Software

After R&D with a few select E60 M5's and receiving similar positive feedback from other boards, Active Autowerke is ready to release our Performance Enhancing Software for the E60 M5. The software has been re-engineered to enhance driveability throughout the entire RPM band while in both part throttle and full throttle (WOT). We have also noticed increased torque gains through the RPM band while at part throttle. Active Autowerke's E60 M5 Performance software makes a substantial difference in throttle response in both driving modes when compared to stock. The enhanced driveability allows for much more crisp and smooth shifts throughout each gear. The remapped fuel, ignition, throttle, and vanos setting has enabled Active Autowerke to get performance gains while enhancing the driveability. Finally, the speed limiter has also been raised and there is an optional rev limiter adjustment available upon request at no extra charge.

The E60 M5 software will list @ $2995

Special Introductory Board Price for a limited time is $2395 including Next Day Air back to you.

Testing an exhaust system including X Pipe and rear muffler has reflected no HP gains. Substantial HP gains have been made by removing the Charcoal Filters ( Roughly 25-28 rwhp on a mustang dyno ) when programmed with the Active Autowerke E60 M5 software.
    Dyno charts will be available shortly.

Please PM me to place an order and recieve special Board Pricing. Thank You.
    Last edited by Jean@ActiveAutowerke; 01-24-2006 at 05:44 PM.

My Cars
    Noble M400
    Pretty cool, congrats on being the first! I'm tempted to get it for my wife's car.

Does it affect the warranty? Will a dealer flash erase the software?

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    interesting... Richard Bekus told me on saturday that the DME software wasn't crackable...

said dinan was having fits with it...

very very curious...

btw Bekus is the top product guru from BMW NA.
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

My Cars
    SC'd BMW's
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleForums
    Pretty cool, congrats on being the first! I'm tempted to get it for my wife's car.

Does it affect the warranty? Will a dealer flash erase the software?
    Software doesn't void the warranty because the dealer won't know its there. But you have to have had the 1200 mile service. We did much testing and found that the software shows gains only after that service.

My Cars
    SC'd BMW's
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Helmet
    interesting... Richard Bekus told me on saturday that the DME software wasn't crackable...

said dinan was having fits with it...

very very curious...

btw Bekus is the top product guru from BMW NA.

well we over here at Active have cracked the software and we have a select number of cars on the street running it.

thanx to Karl Hugh, we have been able to put out this software.

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    rich is gonna be PISSED......
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

My Cars
    Noble M400
    Quote Originally Posted by Active Autowerke
    Software doesn't void the warranty because the dealer won't know its there. But you have to have had the 1200 mile service. We did much testing and found that the software shows gains only after that service.
    If BMW releases new software, and your dealer flashes your ECU, does this over-write your program? If so, do we need to buy it over again?

My Cars
    SC'd BMW's
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleForums
    If BMW releases new software, and your dealer flashes your ECU, does this over-write your program? If so, do we need to buy it over again?

The dealer will not reflash your ECU unless you have a major issue (like a recall or something) and in that case you could send the ECU back to us and we would reflash it for you free of charge.

My Cars
    x3
    interesting.. i would like to see the dyno sheet for sure. i wonder how new software will fair with all of the electronics alrdy in there which is already having problems.

My Cars
    SC'd BMW's

dyno

hey guys,

here is the dyno for the E60 M5 Software.

u will see 3 different runs.

1) 417.26 hp - Stock m5 with High Sport Power button engaged

2) 426.106hp - M5 w/ High Sport Power button engaged and Secondary Air Filters removed.

3) 434.762 - M5 w/ High Sport Power button engaged, Secondary Air Filters removed and Active Autowerke Performance Software added.

If you guys have more questions let me know.

My Cars
    Noble M400
    So almost 8.7 hp and 6.6 lb/ft torque peak gain to the wheels for the software given a 0% margin of error on the dyno.

The main benefit would be the drivability differences.

My Cars
    SC'd BMW's
    the main benefits would be the enhanced differences in drivability and the removing of the speed governor. You will also notice smoother shifts and more power in the mid-range rpms and at part throttle which a dyno won't pick up.