Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ****predator Chromium Cold Weather Group Buy***

My Cars
    --97 SC'd ///M3--04 ///M3 VERT--07 ESCALADE--

****predator Chromium Cold Weather Group Buy***

click here to order:

CHROMIUM COLD

the best and most successful angel eyes kit ever made now comes with cold weather ballast at no charge, please specify cold weather in the comment area during paypal checkout.

still the best kit out there period, don't overpay for unnecessary gimmicks and inferior quality, your bimmer deserves the very best! insist on the original and still the very best.
    engineered like no other kit before or after it, it just works, no excuses no stories,
    lifetime warranty ensures that unlike others CHROMIUMS will never become extinct.

CLASS LEADING FEATURES: (not available on any other competing product)

1) FIRST with fully integrated remote feature.
    2) FIRST with cold weather tested products and free upgrade for existing customer.
    3) FIRST Trademarked Product.
    4) FIRST with SnapIN Clipping System.
    5) FIRST OEM Look Design.
    6) FIRST with HyperPolish Rings.
    7) FIRST with over 50000 Hours Lifespan.
    8) FIRST with over 52000mcd Output Rating.
    9) FIRST with Chrome Backing.
    10) FIRST with 270 Degree Visibility.

click here to order:

CHROMIUM COLD

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//

My Cars
    2003 325i sedan

Predator vs. Raptors, my in depth review

I wanted to share my recent experience with the Raptor DDEs and the Predator Chromium DDEs both with their version of the cold weather package.

As many have experienced, with earlier versions of the DDEs cold weather has an adverse effect on how the rings light up. About 2 years ago, I purchased the DDE Lightning Enhanced from Umnitza in 8000K. Even after soldering the connections, I still had problems with cold weather startup, however the rings would consistently light up after driving a while. I was eager to upgrade my DDEs to ones with a cold weather solution which seemed to keep getting delayed more and more.

Towards the end of last year at the time of the SEMA show, there was finally an announcement that the Raptors with heated rings were soon going to be released. The cold weather version of the Predators wasn’t released until towards the end of the year. What initially drew me to the Raptors was that they had ballasts that looked more advanced than the ones from the Lightnings and had a temperature sensor. Heating the rings sounded like a reasonable solution to the cold weather problem.

After reading a few posts with successful installs of the Raptors, I went ahead and placed an order with Bimmerblvd for an 8000K version. After a week or so, I finally received them and installed them last Saturday. Much to my disappointment, only two of the rings would light up. I felt the rings heating up, but they remained dimly lit. I figured, maybe there’s not enough voltage so I tried driving around for 20 minutes or so. I was only able to get 3 of the rings lit up. Plus whenever they power on/off they make this annoying buzzing noise and the fading action seemed aberrant and not smooth. Although the temperature was pretty cold (around 20-30 degrees F) I figured that should not be a factor in the rings performance since they are heated.

I immediately e-mailed Bimmerblvd about my problem and it wasn’t until about 3 days did I finally get a response. My patience was wearing thin, so I went ahead and decided to order a set of the Predator Chromiums from Habbie on Bimmerforums since he had such a great deal going on. After I placed my order, he was eager to help me out with any questions I had. He even arranged to have the Predators shipped the same day using priority mail. The communication and service from him was exemplary and he always made me feel like a valued customer. In the meantime, I tried e-mailing Bimmerblvd for a refund, and they were slow to respond and didn’t seemed to concerned about my problems. They eventually offered to send me replacement rings but I was adamant in getting a refund. I had even e-mailed Jim Powell about my problem this past Monday, but have not received a response from him to this day.

This morning, I saw some posts on Bimmerforums from Jim Powell, the originator of the Raptor DDEs stating that there has been a high failure rate with the rings and the ballasts may be faulty.
    forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...=488902&page=2
    (From Post #28)
    "Hi guys. Let me chime in and I'll apologize in advance if I don't get back to this thread instantly on every response.

I am in Asia right at the moment. I wanted to let you know about a couple of Raptor issues with rings.

It appears that we might have an issue with shipping damage from the manufacturer to us. We have seen a high failure rate on rings right out of the cartons. We have gone to the trouble to test thousands of rings and I have brought back a lot to Asia. We have completed the dreaded drop testing and there are no failures showing up here. Interestingly, we see the failures on a carton by carton basis and I really think we have an issue with a shipping company somewhere between 'here' and 'there' whacking them with a fork lift or something. No carton damage but one case will have lots of defects and the next carton will be perfect.

Also, on the new inverters, there seems to be a sticking relay. The heating comes on fine in some and not in others. I am going to be monitoring production with another engineer this week to see if it is the component or related to the construction or even the application of the sealing glue. The device is rated for epoxy coating but who knows. We'll find out soon enough.

The good news is that it appears that it eventually does get loose enough to operate reliably in testing. So it should for you too. But in any case, the inverter manufacturer is saying that he will exchange all of the current stock if I want. Of course, I want. So as soon as I make sure the stickiness in the heating relay is solved, we'll be shipping new inverters to everyone.

Please do not solder connections. Its not required and makes the exchange not PnP."
    (From Post #32)
    "As to replacements, I suspect that everyone will get new ones. I'll finalize that on Friday when I go to that factory. In most cases, the relays are not sticking and people have no issues.

I am going to take the stand that if there's a problem, its not OUR problem (us as users) and we want them to send replacements. I think they will. I really am not in the mood to play games with them trying to guess if the relay is corrrectly operating or not. They can get them back, test and certify them as they wish and relabel them for reuse as spares for me. But I want it right.

On their part, they want to use the design of the inverter and its patent protected. So they will do what they have to do to get me to let them use the design.

But most people do not have sticking relays and it should work fine. For whatever reason the relay unsticks when it gets activated at colder temps (0 degrees, 15 minute cycle) and operates fine after that. Go figure.

Jim"

I was beginning to suspect that the problems I’ve been having were inherent to perhaps the poor design of the Raptors. How can there be a shipping problem if the box and the rings do not appear damaged? I also had been seeing some other posts appear with regards to problems others were experiencing with the Raptors.

With Bimmerblvd’s offer to replace the rings, I was wondering if this would constitute somewhat of a band-aid solution and would not properly address the root of the problem which may be that the relays in the ballasts were not operating correctly. After exchanging several e-mails with Bimmerblvd, it seemed that I was getting the runaround with getting my refund. In order for me to get a refund, the product needed to be new and unopened. If this was the case, how was I supposed to predict that the kit I received had problems (without consulting a psychic)?

Well, after 3 days the Predator Chromiums arrived. I had ordered the 6500K version this time, with the cold weather ballasts which output a slightly higher voltage, although I was told that even with the normal version of the kit, soldering takes care of most of the cold weather issues. I did a quick install of the Chromiums and after checking all connections, all 4 rings lit up instantly after I connected the ground. They were bright as ever and the fading action was smooth. I did not even solder the connections and it was getting pretty cold (in the 20’s). These have far exceeded my expectations.

Now I understand that products at times have defects and almost always, they are over-dramatized to the public. I must say that receiving a defective product did bother me, but what made it even worse is the lack of service I received after pronouncing my problems with the Raptors. I felt that I was either being ignored, or given the runaround. What topped things off was the post on Bimmerforums this morning where it was admitted that there have been high failure rates (in the thousands) and that the inverters may have potential defects in their design.

Anyways, this was just my own experience and I suggest that before purchasing a product that sufficient research is conducted. As for the Raptors, I consider this as a lesson learned and may never see my money back from Bimmerblvd as I was somehow suppose to predict that the kit was faulty in its design. As for the Predators, they truly perform as prescribed and are highly recommended to anyone as the cold weather problems are now nonexistent, much like the Raptors which are soon to be extinct.

Many thanks to Matt and Habbie at Umnitza!

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    free upgrade for existing customer?? how does that work? only for peopoe who bought predator chromiums by them selves in the past or people that purchased headlight packages with everything?
    Nikon D800e | Nikon D700 | MB-D10 | SB900 | SB800 | SB600 | LumPro160 | Nikon 85 1.4G | Sigma 50 1.4 | Sigma 35 1.4

My Cars
    free upgrade to a chromium cold package is available free of charge minus shipping, if you live in Florida, Arizona etc. please do not apply.

if you bought a set of chromium's or any set of headlights with chromium's you qualify for the free upgrade offer, if you bought them through me please email or pm your request (proof of purchase is required) if you did not buy them from me contact your retailer for details.

this applies to predator chromium only, thinline, OE or any of the DDE generations are excluded, this offer is valid to the original buyer only.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoE36
    free upgrade for existing customer?? how does that work? only for peopoe who bought predator chromiums by them selves in the past or people that purchased headlight packages with everything?

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//

My Cars
    for the order Joe, Lun Mak and Eddie.

My Cars
    BMW
    can you ship this by UPS!

My Cars
    97 M3
    very nice product, glad the days of vaporware are gone
    97 M3/2

My Cars
    2002 330xi
    One for me, please - David
    Last edited by 330xiTreiber; 02-26-2006 at 10:46 AM.

My Cars
    fedex or post office, we dont have an account/daily pick up with ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeMyWife
    can you ship this by UPS!

My Cars
    Boring E36
    Man I wont be able to get mine setup untill the car is out of the body shop. I will call Matt tommorrow.
    U MAD?

My Cars
    '12 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by habbie
    free upgrade to a chromium cold package is available free of charge minus shipping, if you live in Florida, Arizona etc. please do not apply.

if you bought a set of chromium's or any set of headlights with chromium's you qualify for the free upgrade offer, if you bought them through me please email or pm your request (proof of purchase is required) if you did not buy them from me contact your retailer for details.

this applies to predator chromium only, thinline, OE or any of the DDE generations are excluded, this offer is valid to the original buyer only.
    I bought them through Umnitza, but not you, who should I contact?
    -Jeff
    '12 135i (Space Grey): Stock
    '98 323is (Schwartz II) (Sold ): UUC SSK w/ clutch stop, UUC UDPs, Cosmos short ram intake, Fan delete, M3 cats and exhaust, M50 manifold, CDV delete, H&R Sport + Bilstein sports
    Smoke corners, clear sides and tails, rear lip spoiler, Umnitza depo euro ellipsoids w/ DDEs, Apexcone DDM HID 6000k, black grills, M3 front bumper, mirrors, and rear diffuser, CSL reps

'04 M3 (Estoril) (Sold ): SMG, Meisterschaft SUS exhaust, GC coilovers, Hotchkiss sway bars, Brembo BBK w/ Estoril calipers
    Estoril side reflectors & headlight trim, Rep Strassentech front lip, Vorsteiner CSL trunklid and rear diffuser, ACS roof spoiler, automatic rear sunshade, HRE 545R

My Cars
    info at umnitza dot com.
    Quote Originally Posted by thejaff
    I bought them through Umnitza, but not you, who should I contact?

My Cars
    '12 135i
    info at umnitza dot com.
    habbie, could you be a little more specific? I can't seem to find anything about this.
    -Jeff
    '98 323is (Schwartz II) (Sold ): UUC SSK w/ clutch stop, UUC UDPs, Cosmos short ram intake, Fan delete, M3 cats and exhaust, M50 manifold, CDV delete, H&R Sport + Bilstein sports
    Smoke corners, clear sides and tails, rear lip spoiler, Umnitza depo euro ellipsoids w/ DDEs, Apexcone DDM HID 6000k, black grills, M3 front bumper, mirrors, and rear diffuser, CSL reps

'04 M3 (Estoril) (Sold ): SMG, Meisterschaft SUS exhaust, GC coilovers, Hotchkiss sway bars, Brembo BBK w/ Estoril calipers
    Estoril side reflectors & headlight trim, Rep Strassentech front lip, Vorsteiner CSL trunklid and rear diffuser, ACS roof spoiler, automatic rear sunshade, HRE 545R

My Cars
    Boring E36
    habbie, could you be a little more specific? I can't seem to find anything about this.
    he means email info@umnitza.com
    U MAD?

My Cars
    '12 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by LWRNCE
    he means email info@umnitza.com
    Sorry, IR teh suck at teh interweb.
    -Jeff

My Cars
    '12 135i
    habbie, I just emailed you guys (don't know who responded), but they told me that this upgrade is not free for existing customers, as you made it seem. Which case is it? Is it only free if you purchase the chromiums now or can you get the free upgrade from a previous purchase?
    -Jeff

My Cars
    which set of angel eyes did you buy?
    habbie, I just emailed you guys (don't know who responded), but they told me that this upgrade is not free for existing customers, as you made it seem. Which case is it? Is it only free if you purchase the chromiums now or can you get the free upgrade from a previous purchase?

My Cars
    '12 135i
    which set of angel eyes did you buy?
    I bought DEPO Euro ellipsoids with options... Predator's OEM Series (EHN), which I believe are chromiums.

This was back in June of last year.
    -Jeff

My Cars
    OE do not qualify for the free upgrade, only chromiums do, the upgrade is available to you @ $35.
    see post #5:

I bought DEPO Euro ellipsoids with options... Predator's OEM Series (EHN), which I believe are chromiums.

This was back in June of last year.

My Cars
    '12 135i
    OE do not qualify for the free upgrade, only chromiums do, the upgrade is available to you @ $35.
    see post #5:
    Thanks for your help. I thought OE's were Chromiums, but I guess not.
    -Jeff

My Cars
    are you having trouble with your angel eyes? what kind?
    Thanks for your help. I thought OE's were Chromiums, but I guess not.

My Cars
    e30
    Can I trade mine in for the cold weather ones with extra cash? I have been having problems with my angel eyes.

My Cars
    which do you have? what kind of problems are you having? im sure i can help you fix them.
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ick
    Can I trade mine in for the cold weather ones with extra cash? I have been having problems with my angel eyes.

My Cars
    e30
    I have the DDE enhanced. Bought through umnitza on m3forum last year for the Thanks for Waiting sale on new years. All rings dont light up. I have to turn on high beams and everything for about 20 mins to get them up.

My Cars
    try this first:
    http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/t...ght=cold+start
    (special thanks to Rooz )
    you can then upgrade to the cold package ballast if that does not work for you.

we do have a trade in offer of $25 to $50 towards a set of chromiums, email or pm me for details.
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ick
    I have the DDE enhanced. Bought through umnitza on m3forum last year for the Thanks for Waiting sale on new years. All rings dont light up. I have to turn on high beams and everything for about 20 mins to get them up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast